Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nights in a Cemetery?

Recently i watched a film named Valentine's Day, the movie wasn't too great i must admit, but there was a scene in the movie where the character that Topher Grace plays takes out the character that Anne Hathaway plays.  He buys her tickets to go see a movie at the cemetery.  At first i was like "that is so awesome! i wish we really had that!" and then i thought about it and was like "wait a second I'm going to google it cause after all, i do live close to LA and LA has it all!"

So i did! and i found that they do indeed play movies at the cemetery in Hollywood! they play old flicks like black and whites (which i love) and I'm so excited! they also do musical performances, though, the music is performed indoors it seems.  But the movies are played outdoors while you sit on the grass picnic style!

 They play the flicks on the back of a building as shown above, look at all those wonderful California palm trees!

Is there something weird about how much the idea of old movies in a dark cemetery thrills me? I mean i know that they play movies outdoors like that at other places like the Roosevelt hotel in Hollywood but this is a cemetery! ha ha Its officially on my to do list! in fact, i believe that ill share my to do list with all of you! hmmm, blog ideas? I think so!

I hope some of you go and tell me about it! and if you already have gone then, please tell me about it! ha ha =] 
 Here is their website link:
http://www.hollywoodforever.com/culture

Blankets and Black and White movies,
Sunny Clementine

1 comment:

  1. i miss going to these, me and my sis would always go it was super fun!

    ReplyDelete